Question
Posted by: Mariska | 2008/01/17

need help please asap>>>!!!

Hi doc,

My cycle in November started 18/11/07, I started with clomed on day 5, we did the BD on day 12 - 16. Then on 17/12/07 my next AF started, but first on the 16/12/07 I had a discharge, like every other cycle (a day or two before) so my last cycle started then only on the 17/12/07. But I used clomed from day 3 this month. We did the BD on the 1/01/2008 and the day before and after. I had a red discharge on saturday12/01/2007, but only a little bit (no need for protection) then nothing, then again on Tuesday 14/01/2008, but this time a brown discharge, and then today Thursday 17/01/2008 as well brown, but today I have AF like pains and symptoms. but so far also only a discharge.

Is there any possibility that I might be pregnant, and having an early MC, or is it only the hormones because I used clomed. ?

I did a HPT yesterday Wednesday at about 15h00, but it was a BFN.

If I had a MC what type of test can I do to find out what the problem could be for the early MC? I did se a doc in our town, but they say it is not necessary to do the tests if they think that it was a not a MC. They say that if a HPT shows a negative then its negative, and if the blood test is from 5 and lower is it also negative.

Any advise or help please doc, or any 1 who can help.

Mariska

Dear Mariska

The symptoms that you describe are highly suggestive of implantation having occurred and it is highly possible that more than one embryo is attempting to implant. I would strongly recommend that you do a blood pregnancy test (BHCG quantitative). In addition I would recommend that progesterone blood test be take at the same time and if indicated a progesterone supplement may be necessary such as cyclogest or uterogestrone. In future I would strongly recommend that you start progesterone supplementation early i.e. plus minus 4-5days after confirmed ovulation having occurred and to continue some supplementation until a pregnancy test confirms a pregnancy. Should the pregnancy test come back positive the progesterone supplementation is then maintained until at least 7-8 weeks of pregnancy. However, if the pregnancy test is negative the progesterone is discontinued. In addition other causes of implantation failure should also be investigated for such conditions as antiphospholipid syndrome, lupus anticoagulant and autoimmune screening.