Posted by: Mommy | 2009/07/03

need help please

Hi Doc,
I need your help please

My 4 and a half year old girl has got a problem and i dont know what to do anymore.

She has a very red and itch vagina, the redness looks like a rash, i had her at my GP about two months ago and he gave me Canalba cream to just aply on the outside, the redness got a bit better and then all of a sudden alot worse thn it ever was before and she does not want to wash with soap in that erae she says that it burns, so i clean her with a cotten wool and warm water and then put on the cream given by my doc.

But now it seems to be alot worse, she has a thick yellow disgarge and the one day the discharge was brown she gets the discharge every night while she is sleepingand also during the day but seems to be moer in the morning then she change underware and i clean her again, the last two weeks it has a very very bad smell, a kind of smell i have never smelled before it is a really srong stink when she is on the toilet and i am also in the bathroom standing far from her i can smell her, i am very worried about this and i dont think its bcos shes not clean cos i clean her every night and morning and the discharge has to be something from inside and it is the discarge that is smelly.

I also have a history of vaginal infections and cant use normal bath soap but in my years of getting regular vaginal infection i have never smelled something like that! I get infections from bath soaps and condoms and stuff like that but i dont think this is the cuase in her case as i just clean her with a wet cotton wool and i do do that thouroly

Is there anything that i can get from over the counter or do i need to take her to the GP, Can i take her to a gynea at her age?

Please advice on what to do
Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


I suggest that you consult your GP for an examination, to exclude the possibility of a foreign object in her vagina. There are other causes as well but your doctor will be able to exclude these.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.