Question
Posted by: babym | 2005/12/05

Need Help Doc

I,m using contraceptive my weight is 86kg but i feel blown up my clothing doesnt fit me anymore for my age 22 my goal weight should be 60kg so what do i do DOC....The other thing is what does a high fibre diet consist of cos thats what i want to do.

Dear Babym
I think you should discuss your contraceptive programme with the prescribing dr to see if there are any alternatives that do not cause weight gain in your case. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). Try the high-fibre diet and combine it with exercise and you should start losing those kgs.