Question
Posted by: Rhane | 2007/06/12

Need Help!

Someone please help. Its been almost two months since I last had a period. I am without the pill for about 4months and yes i know that changes of me falling pregnat is slim at the moment. i went to see a GP and he recomended I use Premelle. Which I start using a week ago. I did a HPT and both times it was negative. The doctor confirm it last week that I'm not pregnant but he did not do a blood test. I tried to search for info on Premelle but He did not explain to me very well what it actually will do or how it help me? What disturb me was that the doctor implied that the reason that I did not get my period was that I really wanted to be pregnant. All in my head!! Besides that I am really looking for a good gynea in Cape Town. Any advise. My first time experiencing this, help!

Premelle is a combination of conjugated estrogens 0.625 mg and medroxyprogesterone acetate 5 mg which is indicated in the treatment of menopause-associated problems, among which vasomotor symptoms, atrophic vaginitis and/or urethritis, and in the prevention and treatment of post-menopausal osteoporosis.
It is certainly a strange choice that your gyn has made.