Question
Posted by: Rhane | 2007/06/12

Need help!!

Someone please help. Its been almost two months since I last had a period. I am without the pill for about 4months and yes i know that changes of me falling pregnat is slim at the moment. i went to see a GP and he recomended I use Premelle. Which I start using a week ago. I did a HPT and both times it was negative. The doctor confirm it last week that I'm not pregnant but he did not do a blood test. I tried to search for info on Premelle but He did not explain to me very well what it actually will do or how it help me? What disturb me was that the doctor implied that the reason that I did not get my period was that I really wanted to be pregnant. All in my head!! Besides that I am really looking for a good gynea in Cape Town. Any advise. My first time experiencing this, help!

Dear Rhane

It is important to establish the underlying cause of the problem. A hormone evaluation by means of blood tests is required to exclude the possibility of thyroid abnormalities as well as elevated prolactin levels. Also an evaluation of the ovarian hormones will need to be undertaken to exclude possible underlying polycystic ovarian disease. The use of the premelle is mainly to artificially regulate the menstrual cycle and will not necessarily assist in solving the ovulatory problem or the hormone imbalance and hence will not necessarily assist in conception. Ovulation induction using either tablets such as clomiphene citrate (clomid, fertimed, serifene, etcetera) or a combination of clomid plus injections may be necessary to induce ovulation.

3
Posted by: Dee | 2007/06/13

Yes i think u should see a new doc! You could go for a blood test to ease your mind but a HPT would be accurate by now seeing you havent had a period in 2 months.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Rhane | 2007/06/13

Thanx Dee! I think that I should rather opt for a new doctor? Should I also go for a blood test, cos many people told me that a HPT are not that accurate!

Reply to Rhane
Posted by: Dee | 2007/06/12

I would look for another doctor - how rude to say that to you! Your period may be delayed due to you just stopping the pill. I dont know what Premelle is and I have never heard of it being used to induce a period. The normal medicine used to induce a period is Provera.

Reply to Dee