Question
Posted by: Bongi | 2005/12/05

Need help

My brother has a cd4 count of ONE. He was hospitalised on the 01.12.05 cause they thought he had meningitis. Test came back neg. Only starting ARV;s on the 22.12.05. He is very weak and neck is still stiff and struggles to swallow. Had thrush before but it's cleared now. I don't know what wlse to do for him i've bought all the immune boosters, multivitamins and follow a healathy diet. We've cut sugar off use olive oil, to cut the long story short we do everything as advised. Some say this are the final stages and we must prepare ourselves but i don't want to believe that will the ARV's help?
Please assist.

Dear Bongi
When the CD4 count is so low, he is already seriously ill. You are doing everything right to help him and to give him all the healthy things he needs. Give it some time, the ARV's might just help him over this hill, he has not been on it long enough to say - but our lives are not in our hands. All you can do is to look after him well and pray for him and let him take his medicine regularly. All of the best.