Question
Posted by: Remmie | 2004/10/18

Need Gym Traing Programme

Hi there,

I am 1.72m tall and weigh 84kg.
I have just joined a Gym and would like to have an Exercise Programme as well as a Weights Training Programme.

I carry most of my weight around my midsection and this is really getting to me. I would like to be fit & healthy with a well toned body.

To get a Personal Trainer is just too expensive. Can you please assist me with a Basic Programme as to what I need to do for both Cardiovascular Exercises and Wieght Training (What weight should I use for the different Equipment and how many of each should I do)

Thanks for the assistance.

HI Remmie

My advice is to take some time and look through the programmes on the Health 24 site. Choosing the right programme is very personal, it's not really good to just prescribe training to anyone because people have very different needs and abilities, so my advice is to checko ut the following site:

http://www.health24.com/fitness/Getting_started/16-474-488,24069.asp

Here you will see a number of options for training programmes. My advice would be to choose the Shape up for Summer programme (the first or second one) and then go for that.