Question
Posted by: chubbycheeks | 2004/12/18

Need exercises for fat cheeks and knees :-)

Hi there.

I have a good figure and im at a healthy body weight but my cheeks, chin and knees are chubby and its getting me down. I've considered liposuction on my cheeks (but im only 20! eish).

Any exercise tips for these problem areas?

Regards,
Chubbycheeks

Hi CHubbycheeks

Unfortunately, there are no exercises that you can do specifically to lose fat in these areas only. You have to realise that what you are fighting here is genetic (in that some people just tend to store fat in certain areas) and it's also body fat, which means that the only way to combat it is to aim for overall reductions in body fat. This is made tricky if you are already at an ideal weight, and you do say that your figure is good, and so it will be tough to lose more weight perhaps. However, what you need to do is regular cardiovascular exercise, such as running, cycling, aerobics, swimming etc. I'm not sure if you are doing this already, but I certainly do suggest it because this is what gets the metabolic rate up, and consequently you can lose body fat, including the fat that is in these problem areas.