Posted by: Berni | 2009/02/20

Need advise

I am 25 years old, my boyfriend is 23. We have been 2gether 4 almost 5 years now. December 2007 he introduced me 2 porn. He downloaded clips onto my cell phone 2 try &  get me to watch it . At first i was shy and not interested. During that same time we broke up 4 about 4 months. During the break up i started to watch the porn clips on my cell and discovered that i really enjoy it. ( i was very lonely). We got back 2gether &  i told him that i like watching porn, and he could not be more thrilled about it. Our sex life became so much better. i' m not shy to tell him exactly what i want and like and vice versa. Watching porn really works 4 us as a couple and we enjoy it.

But i' m worried about myself. Ever since my bf introduced me 2 it my interest 4 it has grown to the extend that i watch porn on the internet at least three times a week sometimes everyday ! I even download clips onto my cell. I wanna know is this healthy? Is this a sign of addiction perhaps? Please advise.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

An addiction of any sorts would have elements of really craving/needing/depending on “things” to such an extend that it impacts on our daily functioning. Ask yourself whether you are just enjoying it or whether you are becoming obsessed with it. What would your reaction be if you were told that you are not aloud to watch it at all?...Your response to this thought could give you some indication of the emotional/psychological hold that it has on you. If you are concerned about your growing interest in porn, you could seek the professional advice of a psychologist to explore the underlying emotions and needs and gain some clarity.

A website that could be helpful is You are welcome to phone the SASHA Helpline – 0860 100 262; and a facilitator will be able to assist you in finding a practitioner as close as possible to you.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.