Question
Posted by: Ayzed | 2005/11/23

Need advise

Hi eveyone. Im new on this forum and jst learnt that about 4 of my family members are positive. Please give me advise as to what they need to take to stay healthy and what soap to use since one of them has an offensive smelling yellow discharge. Please give advise as far as possible. Thanks so much. God bless.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Ayzed!

This sounds tough -- learning that four of your family members are HIV+. What they need to do to remain healthy will very much depend on how far the virus has already progressed. The first step would be to get involved at a clinic or state hospital and assessed by qualified medical professionals.

As for the offensive-smelling discharge, simply using a nice-smelling or even disinfectant soap will certainly not solve the problem. To me, it sounds like a symptom of a sexually transmitted infection and that needs to be treated medically as soon as possible. Because of HIV, it is harder for the person to fight the disease and medication is very important. The embarrassment caused by the bad smell wil also unnecessarily add to the stigma. It can certainly be taken care of, but only with medication.

Stay well and keep strong!
Laurent