Question
Posted by: me | 2007/06/24

Need advice please

I wonder if anyone can assist me?
I am 33 yrs old, I have been married for 9 and a half years and we have 2 children aged 6 and 3. My eldest child has ADHD and we are battling a bit with him, even tho he is on meds, he is in Gr0 and isn't coping with school.
The thing is.. for the last few months I am feeling very numb... I am on antidepressants which really are working, I am not sad as such, just numb really.
Hubs and I dont have a very good sex life, due to the fact that Ive never really had a very high sex drive or whatever, and he gets upset when I dont want to get intimate (which I know is undertandable)
I feel as if I am just living from day to day, playing with my children and trying to do the best I can.. hubs and I have had marriage councelling many times but Im not really sure what will make my situation better.
Is it normal to feel like this... ?? like one is just living day by day kind of thing?
Im not sure what solution I have, any advice would be appreciated:)

Some people do find that, especially with some antidepressants, they find that while the depression lifts, they feel numb. This is where I like CBT counsellin as well, as it ca help to lift the depression without side-effects. Most antidepressants, in some people, can also lead to a loss of libido, which might also not help you if you already have a rather low libido. Is your husband wanting intimacy, or sex ? Sorry to hear that previous attempts at marriage counselling have apparently not been fruitful. Maybe personal counselling for you, not only focussing on the depression but on matters of self-esteem, libido, and handling you husband, could help to shirft things towards a more cheerful way of life