Question
Posted by: BW | 2008/01/09

Need advice on contraception

Dear Gynae Doc

Im in need of your urgent proffessional advise.
Im getting married in a few weeks time and Im still a virgin. I have no clue about contraceptives, I dont even know how it looks. I would like to remain as normal as possible. I heard people say that contraceptives have alot of side effects and one can gain alot of weight.
In your proffessional opinion - What would work the best for me and when should I start using it and the cost please.

There are many options. Have a look under Contraception on the website for the pros and cons of the different types of contraception.

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/06

i have been using nu isterate for two months now but i am not seeing my period. am i pregnant or what?

Posted by: Bernice | 2008/06/20

I have been on the 3 month injection for a few years, then I went over to the 2 month injectioon. All together I have been on the injection for 10 years I am 29 and turning 30 in a few monhts.

I do not have any problems on the injection. I am not planning to have kids soon.

My question is: Is it good to be on the injection for so long? Do I have to go on something else? Or can I stay on the injection, if I can stay on the injection for how long still?

B

Reply to Bernice