Question
Posted by: niri | 2007/03/08

need advice

i am currently on the pill melodene for 2 years now. for about 2 weeks now i am experiencing excessive itching on the walls of my vagina at certain times and during penetration severe burning.please let me know what this can be and is it safe to continue the pill.

many thanks

It could be thrush. Try Canesten pessaries. You can continue the Pill.

2
Posted by: niri | 2007/03/10

thanks so much for ur advice. i did visit my gynae and it is thrush.

Reply to niri
Posted by: Maya | 2007/03/09

It sounds like a yeast infection which is very common. Call your doc to have a smear to confirm that it is. If it is it's easily treated, and it's fine to stay on the pill but see your doc to make sure:)

Reply to Maya