Question
Posted by: scorpio | 2007/04/02

need 'me' time urgently

I have this problem. I have met this really nice guy and he is everything I have ever wanted. We have been seeing each other for 2 months now.
The problem is that I am fine for the first month with a new bf i.e. I am interested, want to see him all the time, affectionate, etc. However, now everything seems so mundane.
When I am single, I had a lot of time on my own and I really enjoy my own company. Now, I have none of that and I miss it. I am hardly at home and do not even have the time to do my admin, never mind having some 'me' time. What do I do?
Do I tell him I need some time on my own? I am scared that he might think I need a break from him, which isnt the case. I feel that if I was given more space, I would be more interested in spending quality time with him. Any suggestions?

Why not discuss this with him, and work out a plan where you each enjoy time together as well as private, "me" time ? You can make it clear that it's not about wanting a break from him, but for variety within the time you are with him

2
Posted by: Blondie.. | 2007/04/02

Doesn't he ever need 'me' time?

I know exactly how you feel, when you don't have any time to yourself you start losing interest and feel irritated with the person most of the time.

Oooo, I get really bitchy when I don't get 'me' time..luckily my boyfriend understands this, he even gives me a couple of minutes/hours when I get cranky, but then we've known each other for a long time now.

I suggest you do as Joy says and then later on when he knows you better (what type of person you are), you can explain it to him, if he's open minded and really wants to keep you happy he'll understand.

Good luck, hope you get some time to yourself - not just for admin, but for the quality stuff that keeps us girls looking so good.

Reply to Blondie..
Posted by: Joy | 2007/04/02

Yes, simply tell him baby..tonight i feel so crampy and tired and just wanna take a long bath and go to bed..he'll be understanding (maybe disappointed), but sweet..and let you be. i'm sure he'll enjoy his 'me' time too and you guys can go full swing again at it the next day!

Reply to Joy