Question
Posted by: L | 2007/08/07

Neck Spasm

Hi. My doctor has recently diagnosed me with neck spasm from poor posture. I'm considering going for a second opinion because my pain is also in my biceps, inner elbow, forearm, wrist and hand. My fingers have sudden burning sensations and I am experience numbness in my forearm. Both scapulas are painful. I'm worried that it could actually be nerve pain and not neck spasm as it seems like too many other symptoms. I'm also experience extreme thirst and tiredness. Should I see another doctor to confirm a simple spasm as the cause of all of these symptoms?

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

Your detailed history points to other possible diagnoses. My first call would be to a RHEUMATOLOGIST.