Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2007/05/09

Neck problems

Good day CD

I have spoken to you with regards to my neck problems before, I've had an MRI done but the findings are in afrikaans please would you be able to translate or maybe explain to me what the findings are:

Die befindings van belang is gelee of vlakke C4/4 en C5/6. Daar is geringe diskusspasie hoogte verlies op hierdie vlakke met diskus-osteofiet komplekse posterior sentraal op beide hierdie vlakke. Geen uitgangsforamina is op beide vlakke (C4/5 en C5/6) steeds patent. 'n Hemangioom word regs in die vertebrale liggaam van die T2 werwel gesien maar is nie van verdere kliniese belang nie.
Die spinaal koord is normaal in kaliber en sein intensiteit. Geen kongenitale abnormaliteite word gesien nie.
OPSOMMING:
Geringe diskusspasie hoogte verlies word bemerk op vlakke C4/5 en C5/6 met diskus-osteofiet komplekse posterior op hierdie vlakke sigbaar.'n Hemangioom word as 'n toevallige bevinding regs in die T2 vertebrale liggaam bemerk maar dit is nie van verdere kliniese bleang nie.

I have had previous surgery to my neck about 5 years ago a C6/C7/T1 fusion was done.But over the past few months i have been suffering with pain in my neck,shoulder and arms with pins and needles in my hands and lots of pain especially if I do to much repetitive movements. I 've also noticed if I sleep on my sides it feels as if there are pins and needles in the joints of my arm sockets.

I will be seeing my surgeon next week, I'm rather anxious about this latest MRI. Should i be concerned?

Michelle

Hallo Michelle
On the level of between your 4th and 5th, and 5th and 6th neck ( cervical) vertebrae you have narrowing of the disc with bony outgrowths but the openings where the nerves come out is still open. You have a small benign growth in the body of the T2 vertebra but it is not dangerous. The spinal cord is normal.
You still have slight pressure on the nerves going to your arms but I don't think operation will be necessary. You will probably be able to get relief by going to a physio.

1
Posted by: Michelle | 2007/05/15

Morning CD

I had a terrible night last night with pain now in my right arm, hands,shoulder, under my shoulder across my breast area under my arms, in fact everywhere from my neck area etc including my left arm with a burning,throbbing sensation. Due to previous experience with phsyio I've always landed up having an operation. I really don't know what to do anymore it's making my life miserable. I take Lentogesics for the pain and that doesn't seem to help either. Pls advise.

Reply to Michelle