Question
Posted by: ina | 2008/06/04

Neck pains

Hi Doc, apparently between my level 5 and 6 my neck is on bone on bone. It didnt bother me before, but I seem to get more headaches now, almost like migraines. I must also add, I sit with 46 kids in a class everyday re many problems at school, re behaviour etc. Is it just stress or really related to my neck, as Im not looking forward to a neck operation, as I already had a back operation Plz advise! Thanks so much, I appreciated it. Im 52 y.

Hi Ina
Disc degeneration would rather give you symptoms in your hands and arms than headaches - you may have developed neck and upper back muscle spasm due to stress or because your body wants to protect this area in your neck. This can give you a pressing headache like a band over the head or a gnawing headache behind the eye. Migraine usually is only on one side, throbbing and causes nausea and light flashes.
It may be worth your while to see a physiotherapist for evaluation and treatment for muscle spasm.

1
Posted by: sabs | 2009/03/02

i have a pain on the sides of my neck it has been a while now what could be the cause,i have tried to massage but its still there

Reply to sabs