Question
Posted by: bee | 2008/01/16

neck pain, pins and needles etc

Please can you help me or give me some advise.

In August I could not lift my arm and started going for physio. I stopped the physio in November as it did not help that much. I was experiencing pins and needles in my fingers when I woke up every morning.

I have been on anti inflammatories and I have been on cortizone.

I am still experiencing the pins and needles in my fingers when I wake up (not as bad as before but still there). I can't turn my head to the left without it pulling down my shoulder. I can't lie on my left hand side as my shoulder is sore and I have a constant throbbing pain if I do. I also have a pain in my back towards the middle going up towards my shoulder blade.

I really sound old and decrepit but this is really getting to me.

What should I do?????

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Please do consult a chiropractor as soon as possible. The symptoms are indicative of some pressure or irritation on a nerve root in your neck . The chiropractor upon examination may refer you for x/rays of the involved area and then proceed with some treatment if indicated. Chiropractic care seems indeed to be the preferred option at this stage, and you should make a reasonable recovery quite soon.