Posted by: SR | 2012/07/27


I have been to an orthopaedic surgeon last yr and had MRI and CT Scan done, and he told me I have bulging disc on my C4 and C5 and the space between the bones are narrowing, gave me meds etc, but I am still having pain and don''t want to go for the injections etc. I usually take catafast and it helps for sometime. I also want to go for a thai massage or other body massages is this recommended, or will it cause more damage.... I just need to de-stress.

Also will a chiropractor or another specialists be able to help with my neck problem or is there any alternative treatment I said I don''t want to go for the injection on the neck and surgery. I am 41 years old.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageOsteopath

Hello SR,
Caution should be exercised and I would advise you to work closely with your orthopedic surgeon. If you are not happy with his management you can find a second opinion from another surgeon. If you take this route a neurologist would be first choice. I would not recommend Thai massage or massage for your condition. If you do decide to take the conservative route I would suggest you consult with an Osteopath.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.