Question
Posted by: coldol | 2003/03/11

neck pain

I have recently had shingles (I think it's still active), and since I've been back at work (7 days) I have the most terrible throbbing pain in my neck. It is worse when I lie down. What can it be? Could it be that the nerves are inflamed and there's not enough space for all of them? I have taken analgesics which have no effect of relief. I have also tried anti-inflammatories, but these also have no effect. I wake up at night and I want to cry from the pain. Please help.

Coldol, it might be that it’s due to the inflammation of the nerves or damage to the nerves by the virus. The best would be to ask your doctor to prescribe you cortisone and Tegretol® to help with the pain. Good luck.