Question
Posted by: Karen | 2008/01/20

Neck bone

I am 43 yrs old, 6ft tall and slim (not skinny) over the years I noticed that the bone at the nape of my neck is bigger and is more noticeable, why is this, is it something to worry about, if my hair is up from the side it does not look too great so I leave hair down to cover it ! Can anything be done about it ?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

You have probably noticed the spinous rocess of your 7th Cervical vertbrae - this is the lowest neck vertebrae and naturally is blessed with a longer spinous process. This prominance is nothing to worry about, but an X/Ray for peace of mind may help. Posture often plays a role in how much or how little the spinous processes project. Better posture will thus also help to improve such anomalies.

1
Posted by: MEL | 2008/07/03

my mother has acute neck pain. Shes been to dockters but they say they cant help her. The problem is that the cushins between the vertebras in her neck has popped out and the dockers said they cant fix it,. its 3 of them.

Reply to MEL