Question
Posted by: smiley | 2007/08/03

Nearly a misscariage

Hi there im 7weeks pregant and a week ago i nearly had a misscarriage, I started bleeding but the doctor told me that the baby is fine, what are my chances of loosing the child and and what does the bleeding incidate?
Please let me know
Thank-you

Dear Smiley

At this stage of the pregnancy it is not uncommon to experience some bleeding due to a shift in hormones from ovary to placenta. Also, in the case of a vanishing twin syndrome this may be noticed as well. The vanishing twin syndrome is the situation where an intial twin pregnancy has occured but subsequently one of the twins fails to develop any further and gets absorbed resulting in a small bleed at around seven weeks. There are several other possible causes of bleeding but this should not overly concern you since most of these situations correct themselves.