Question
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/12/01

Ne's School Report

It's always with a sigh that I open this.......

Jip and once again she's not really done "well" but okayerig...I wonder if the other kids have got more ticks than crosses on their's?

These kids reports are :

Dress herself x or a tick
Feed herself x or a tick
Talk understandably x or a tick

But I know I must not feel down as she's improved a HELLUVA lot....en dan kom G se kinders by die huis met hulle punte reporte ens....ag ja....

:-))

And your own report card gets a row of ticks .

13
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/12/01

What good news CP Mom, and don't forget to give YOURSELF a pat on the back!

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/12/01

hi girl

wat maak dit saak as sy nie alles reg doen nie, jy weet daar was vordering and soos jy se dis die klein dingetjies wat tel

jy kan trots wees op haar sy is deur baie die jaar, nuwe skool, nuwe huis, nuwe reels, nuwe family

net die feit dat sy nie weer terug geval het nie is al reeds a baie goeie teken dat sy n vegtertjie is en jy n goeie werk doen,

net die feit dat sy kan inpas by julele nuwe lewenswyse is n groot ding vir haar

hou a dagboek van haar vordering sodat jy nie die klein dingetjies mis en as van selfsprekend vat nie

lekker dag

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/01

CP MOM, I have said this before, she does more than my son does!!!! Swop???? Only joking. I know you would not part with your angel for anything on this earth.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Friend | 2005/12/01

My boy also gets speech therapy together with the occupational therapy and he knows he is my "spesiale kind" because of it. Ne is your "spesiale kind". I think one needs to accept that not all children are the same and that there is a reason for this.

Reply to Friend
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/12/01

:-))) dankie frosty Frusty!!

and the things she can do that G's kids cant:

She can take her towel and hang it back on the railing in the bathroom

She can take her cup/plate/glass to the kitchen and put it in the sink

If she's messed she'll get a cloth and clean it herself (soos haar allie maar nogtans)

She can pull out the bath plug and put her face cloth on the side of the bath

She makes her own bed EVERY single morning (soos haar allie maar sy doen dit)

She say's "I loose you" which I never hear his kids say to him...... and which makes me wanna hug her to death...

xmas comming up and he's got 5 sisters with thousands of kids and everyone is going to buy his kids xmas pressies...how many will there be for Ne ? Will she feel left out ? Must I just buy her more than one ? ag ek moan lekker vandag en net in my vorige posting het ek gese mens moan oor bollie!

Sorrieeeeeeeee

Reply to CP Mom
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/01

Now you see how wonderful you are, CP MOM? So what if you can't brag about the report. There are other things she does that the others cannot do. For instance, she has the ability to make my day when you tell me about her. And that is just one silly little thing from me to you. But I am sure if you sat down and thought about it, there are lots of things that you can brag about.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/12/01

The speach therapist has found a new program that she wants to use Ne for....

Ag dis net dat mens ook sou wou "brag" as ek dit so kan stel :-(

You know the other kids do homework every nite and Ne's started to bring her school bag and them take out the "communication book" and then I must give it to her so she can also "read" her homework.....
ek speel maar saam.....

Reply to CP Mom
Posted by: Friend | 2005/12/01

I really understand how you must feel. My youngest son has got a lot of learning problems and goes to occupational therapy every week. It is really difficult and a long process, but with all the love we mommies give our children, it can only get better.

Reply to Friend
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/01

You are doing a fantastic job with her, CP MOM, as only you can. That is why she was given to you.

What is the bet that she is going to excell with the computer lessons!

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/12/01

This child's not had it easy and as the teacher said she adapts easily.

3 weeks old into a "normal" cresche
until the age 5 in Margate

Moved to JHB for her to go to a "special" school - none could take her so I found place in Sunshine Centre-she was not as bad as them but more "normal" so she was put with the black kids that are not school ready (if im putting it correcty)

Then to The Gateway where she was soooo happy for 1 year and 4 months and now Con Amore......

And i've decided come hell or high water she'll stay there!

Next year she's going to be in the SAME class.... :-)) 4 kids are moving on..... tears, tears, tears!

But she'll be doing computer classes....

Reply to CP Mom
Posted by: 69 | 2005/12/01

I have to agree with Frust here, as I father no matter how bad kids do one should always look deaper into who they are and what they are,,,,, just kids, dont expect too much and encourage as much as you can.

Reply to 69
Posted by: Tango | 2005/12/01

Yes, no piece of paper can describe or tell what your little one does to yours and others hearts! It can not tell of the love, the sharing and caring and those looks in their eyes that have no words. You have all those ticks welded into your heart!

Reply to Tango
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/01

Hi, CP MOM! I have been looking out for your posting on Ne. She is doing excellent. A report is just a piece of paper with some strangers thoughts about your angel. You know how intelligent and talented she is, and so do we. Look how she wrapped everyone around her little finger the other night! That's intelligence! So what if she isn't the same as the others. She is unique and absolutely beautiful and I will not hear anything bad said about her, report or not!

Reply to Frusty