Question
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/12/09

Nè and name calling

Howzit all...is Frusty quiet?

Ok Nè calls me by my name as everbody calls me by my name and that is all she hears.

How can she call me mommy and how can I make her understand she must call me mommy ?

I do the normal "must mommy help you" thing but that's it.

Even G's kids call me by my name which is fine. Even Nè's caregiver calls me by my name.

Its not so much that it bothers me but it bothers others in the family thinking Nè's unrespectful and cheeky.....

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me --- and as for others, (a) it's not really their business, and (b) you should only need to explain it to them once.

4
Posted by: Friend | 2005/12/09

Toe ek klein was, het ek ook my ma en my pa op hul name genoem, want ek was die oudste en enigste kind daardie tyd en het gehoor hoe hulle mekaar op hul name noem.

Dit beteken nie dat ek die grootste respek vir my ouers het nie, en toe ek ouer word, het ek begin pa en ma sê vir hulle.

As dit jou nie pla nie, moet jou dan nie steur aan die ander mense nie. Dit het NIKS met hulle te doen nie. In sommige kulture is dit heeltemal aanvaarbaar om die ouers op hul name te noem.

Reply to Friend
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/09

Hiya CP MOM. Just got back now. Had to go do a few errands.

Don't worry what other people have to say, as long as she still calls you for help, by whatever name, it is fine.

How is that little darling doing?

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/09

Cp Mom, why you care about it!!?

I always say, my kids can call me whatever they feel like, and they do.
Sumtimes mommy, sumtimes on my name....whatever
As long as they respect me, thats all i ask of them.
And they got such cute lil names for me
They watch too much Tv i think...LOL

If it doesnt bother you....who cares?

Reply to Delene
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/12/09

hi there

ek dink nie jy moet worry oor wat ander mense se nie
jy maak haar groot soos jy wees is die regte manier
en as sy jou op jou naam noem is dit ok solank dit met die nodige respek gedoen is

ek was die eerste klein kind en het all die ooms en tannies op hulle name genoem maar altyd met respek

maar ek moet ook se dat vandag se kinders word anders groot en meeste praat net soos hulle wil - ek dink ook dit net reg dat jy vir die kinders " toestemming" gee om jou op jou naam te noem,

baie hang af wat n kind se attitude is en hoe sy hart is

sterkte

nina

Reply to lady nina