Question
Posted by: Kaylee | 2007/05/08

Nausia

Hi Doc,

I have been suffering with nausia for almost two and a half months.

It started with getting sick every now and then, then in March it got worse. I threw up nearly after every meal I ate and it seemed that any dairy made it worse. towards the middle of March I started throwing up "slime" and it occurred mostly after eating a meal or early in the morning while on my way to work I would have a small bucket in my car because as I was driving on the highway I would throw up some slime.

Always if I got sick after eating I noticed that it was never the food I had just eaten but slime (snot).

I went to my GP and he said it is normal as its the change of the season and that your body is just fighting getting the flue and by doing this it creates slime/mucus that you swallow and then your body gets ridd of it by me throwing up.

I got flu then and it was worse now the flu has gone - two weeks now- and even still. take last night for instance.

I ate two pieces of Dry wors on Sunday and nothing happened I did not get sick the whole night. Last night I ate another piece of dry wors while making supper and then i had my supper an hour later and at about 12 last night i got sick again and this time it was just the dry wors and slime. the food that I had eaten after the dry wors did not come out not did the fruit juice.

The sick spells are mostly at night and its always a little bit of food and a lot of slime, i have to blow my nose in the morning before doing anything because when I brush my teeth i throw up or on my way to work and again its always just slime or a little bile if in the morning. I have not been able to isolate a spesific food source that causes it.

A friend of mine said that I may be pregnant but I have been on the pill up until last week when I decided to stop using it and I have not skipped a period. My Mother was still experiencing her monthly period up until she was 3 months pregnant so now im wondering is there a possibility that I may be pregnant? I have none of the other symptoms except that I am extremely moody lately and the smallest thing irritates me or upsets me, i'll start crying for no reason.

I dont know anymore I am to affreaid to eat because I might get sick.

Please can anyone help?

Hallo Kaylee
I think you should maybe just go for a blood pregnancy test to be safe. If it is negative, then you maybe need to see a gastroenterologist to see if your stomach lining is irritated. If that is normal, I think you should see a ENT specialist to get rid of the chronic post nasal drip.