Question
Posted by: lena | 2007/05/29

nauseas for 2 days - normal?

hello doc,
my hubby (30 years old) is not a sickly person at all.
yesterday when he woke up he was complaining that he was terribly nauseas... couldn't eat or drink anything at all - the whole day. last night he had a few bites of supper but 15 minutes later it came back out. I've given him nausea tablets and forced him to drink water but he can't keep anything in.
today he's feeling the same as yesterday - nauseas and sore on the left side of his stomach. he's very tired / sleeps a lot and had a slight fever and cold chills last night.
i was sick with flu last week but i didn't experience this - so what would you say is wrong with him ?
we can't afford to go to our GP because the cost is just too high and we don't have medical aid. but is there something i can get him from the chemist ?
thank-you for your time.
lena

Hi Lena
He may have a severe urinary tract infection on the left side - I really think he should see a doctor - even if you take him to the nearest provincial hospital, which will be cheaper.