Question
Posted by: tired | 2004/02/23

Nauseas and Ovulation

I get very nauseas when I ovulate for about a week or so. I wake up at night thinking I'm going to throw up and just feel constant waves of nauseas which is not affected by whether or not I eat. It's quite debilitating! It only happens every second or third menstrual cycle. I don't have medical aid and when I went to my gp she said I should try taking starflower oil capsules or go on the pill. Is there no other way of getting rid of this? I don't want to go on the pill because then you get your periods like every month whereas now I get it every 40 - 60 days only. Is there something wrong with me? I'm in my mid twenties, healthy and fit. Please help! I'm desperate.

If you are only having a period every 40-60 days, there is an imbalance in your hormones. You should see a doctor to have this sorted out as it can have complications in the long term. If you cannot afford a private doctor, a government hospital will help you.