Question
Posted by: Hokkie | 2005/11/21

Nausea; food tates funny; heartburn

Dear Doc

I have nausea, I do not enjoy food (appetite is still there, still get hungry etc) especially the food I cook, food does not smell nice especially cooking oil, I have heart burn, my urine is very yellow. I am on ARVs, not sure if these are side effects. Could it be?

This morning I drank a lot of water so that I can take it out (vomit, after waking up with a heart burn and a nausea). I do not think I am pregnant b'cause I am having my periods today and they seem normal.

Hokkie, it might be due to the ARV’s affecting your liver, liver problems due to something else, a gallbladder problem or a stomach problem. I can’t do much without being able to examine you, so the best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.