Question
Posted by: Desperate Mom | 2007/04/25

"naughty Tom"

Hi Cybervet - I'm at my wits end - I have two 5 year old spayed cats and about a year ago "got" another stray - a tom. He was neutered at 9 months. My problem is that he pesters his sisters constantly, even the boerboel is not safe from him. The one sister seems to be his favourite victim and he torments her constantly. He jumps on her and bites and kicks - there have been no open wounds or absces yet. He has tons of toys and I rotate them so he shouldn't get bored. Please help.
thanks

It sounds like an over exuberant cat having fun! Do the other cats become distressd by his playing? And the dog? It is quite common for some cats to play in this manner as long as they do not injure the others. Cats also become bored with toys quite quickly so i am pleased to hear you rotate them often. Have you considered getting him a harness and taking him for a walk? The exercise will do him good.

1
Posted by: Desperate Mom | 2007/04/26

Thanks Cybervet - yes the other cats do get distressed - much yowling, yelling and hissing! The boerboel is amazingly tolerant - and enjoys a game now and then. Should I give the two other cats eco-fear or somethng similar?

Reply to Desperate Mom