Question
Posted by: RMC | 2007/02/20

Nature's Answer

There is something to be learned from the female black widow spider I am telling you! I've had a migraine for the last 3 days - but my husband has been a total ogre! And even that is complimentary as Shrek turned human for a while! I am just so down now, I am shaking from the after effects of the migraine meds and yet so down from how horrid he was to me at this time. His mom is a total hyperchondriac which is why I suppose he does not take me seriously. A few years ago he thought I was putting it all on and it turned out I had meningitis and was hospitalised for it. I really think I need to go speak to a shrink or something as I need to learn to deal with this whole way he treats me - on Sunday he said he had to be Mother and Father -- but I am the one that does all the cooking cleaning washing ironing, plus I work in normal job all day which he does not take seriously either - he says I just sit and push buttons all day long. And Sunday I had the start of the migraine but still had to drag myself out and carry on like nothing was wrong.

You may well have identified the key factor here --- years of handling his mom's hypochondria, may have taught him to disbelieve anyone else's complaints of ill-health as likely to be grossly exaggerated, and to be scared of becoming involved in a kindly way, for fear of being sucked in to endless damends. Wouldn't a spot of marriage counselling be a rather good idea ?