Question
Posted by: Aderfie | 2003/12/08

Nature is taking its toll....

I am 30... was never a sport person.. the only excercise I get is the kids and the husband... and scuba diving I weigh 52kg and healthy... but nature is taking its toll!! I need to tone and firm up!!!

My plan of action..

Spinning (at home on in door trainer) 20 minutes in the morning... Every day
Want to start with Thae Bo 30 - 60 min in the evenings... Mon, Wed and Fri day

Is this too much too quickly... or what else can I do... Suggestions...

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Aderfie,

It seems fine but just start and progress gradually. What I mean is that you cannot and should not expect to be able to spin for 20 minutes from day 1. Start with 5 minutes a day for the first week and increase it with an extra five minutes every WEEK! So in week two you would then be spinning for 10 minutes a day.

Careful for the Tae Bo in the evenings as you may just be overdoing it in the beginning. I suggest that you start with the spinning and get conditioned for 6 to 8 weeks before commencing with Tae Bo.

My problem with just doing cardio based training is that you do not get a very good toning effect from cardio solely. I ALWAYS give women free-weight training-it has an ABSOLUTELY amazing toning effect and when done right there is no bulking up or getting massive as most ladies are worried about.

Your plan looks good though-I'm sure you will see results.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist