Question
Posted by: Lynne | 2005/11/24

Natural therapies for infertility

Hi Doc,

I just want your opinion (in relation to your own experience), with the use of natural therapies such as reflexology and acupuncture in conjunction with IVF treatment- will it improve my chances.

Would your fertility practice consider "working closely" with my alternative practitioner to improve my chances.
I have been trying to conceive for over 5 years now, have gone for 2 IUI and 3 x IVF in 2 years. All unsucessful.

I took a year break and would like to restart Jan-Feb next year.
As you can understand, after spending all the money with no success, was very traumatic and exhausting.

I have mustered some courage again and am prepared to change my Fertility Clinic, but also want to get the benefit from alternative therapies (I know many drs do not believe in it!!!) and therefore need to find an openminded specialist that can assist me.

Dear Lynne

Natural therapies have a definite role to play in the treatment of fertility problems. This is provided that the therapy does not entail the use of homeopathic hormone manipulating medication/drugs which may directly affect the efficacy or effectiveness of medication used in fertility treatment programs.

We have in the past worked in conjuntion with natureopaths in the treatment of fertility problems with great success.
I wish you all the best and would support you in your decision for future fertility treatments