Question
Posted by: vanessa | 2005/12/09

natural progesterone creams

Hi, hope you can help. I have been diagnosed as in Menopause. Am currently on Climen and am interested in following a more natural method of HRT. I have been reading a lot about natural progesterone creams. Are these availabel in SA and where would i begin to look for them? I have the added problem of an underactive thyroid and have heard that progesterones can help that too. I live in Gauteng. Many thanks for your help.

I do not believe that progesterone creams are helpful for the menopause, as it is oestrogen which is lacking. I also cannot see how they would help an underactive thyroid. It is thyroid hormone which needs to be replaced.

2
Posted by: Samantha | 2005/12/11

Natural oestrogen creams are available as well - theh doctor will do various baseline blood tests to determine what your body needs

Reply to Samantha
Posted by: Samantha | 2005/12/09

natural progesterone cram is available in SA. From my experience you should consult a medical doctor with an interest in natural hormone therapy. They will often supply the cream as well. I have seen that a number of pharmacies, especially the larger discount ones sell the locally produced progesterone cream

Reply to Samantha