Question
Posted by: Yon | 2005/11/28

Natural herbs

Good day

I am currently taking the following herbs as it is in a lot of breast inhancer tablets and would like to know if they will cause any hormonal unbalance in me and also if you would recommend it as most of them acts like estrogen. I am a 23 year, female.

Black Cohosh 400mg
Dong Quai 550mg
Saw palmetto 200mg

Yon

Dear Yon
I am not a herbal expert and can only presume that increasing your oestrogen intake by taking these herbs could well cause an hormonal imbalance seeing that your body makes both oestrogen and progesteron every month as part of the menstrual cycle. I have not read any scientific proof that the use of these herbs does increase breast size. They are more usually used by women suffering from menopasual complaints. Always keep in mind that just because a product contains herbs it is not automatically safe and harmless and that it can cause just as many side-effects as standard medications.
Take care