Question
Posted by: Quitter | 2007/06/25

Natural help

I am a 28 year old female - i am giving up smoking - it has been a day now :-) Could you recommend a herbal/natural remedy for some assistance?

I am on roaccutane and femodene!

Dear Quitter
I can't really recommend a herbal remedy but have some tips for you:
It takes about a week to "detox" the nicotine - drink enough water, fruit juice, eat healthy. Avoid caffeien and chocolate for a week - can trigger craving for sigarettes. Remember that you can have symptoms of irritability, stomach ache, flu-like symptoms as side effects for the first week.
You can also have a look at http://altmedicine.about.com/od/therapiesfromrtoz/a/quit_smoking.htm - but this is not my area of expertise!