Question
Posted by: Pyte | 2005/07/26

Natural Childbirth

I would like to find out the consequences of natural childbirth. The women who've given birth around me don't give straight answers:
1) What percentage of women lose sensitivity (and lose interest in intercourse)
2) Does the vagina go back to the way it was before or does it stay a bit "stretched"?
3) What percentage of women have lasting after effects like incontinence, internal damage like a collapsed diaphragm etc.
4) With a c section does the scar really disappear with black women (whose skin scars more easily and doesn't heal as completely from what i've seen)
5) Why are so many more women being cut these days (is it because it's easier for the doctor and the woman or is there a general problem)?

Very few women lose interest after a vaginal birth.
The vagina stretches a little.
Damage such as incontinence, etc ocurs in about 5% of women.
The scar never disappears completely
The increase in caesareans is partly because more women are requesting them and partly because of doctor convenience.

4
Posted by: regular | 2005/07/26

sometimes its easier for doctors to do a caesar. they won't get called out in the middle of the night to deliver your baby. they just schedule a time that suits them 2 weeks before your due date AND they make more money out of a caesar too.

Reply to regular
Posted by: Purple | 2005/07/26

I had a natural birth and everything was back to normal by 6 weeks after giving birth.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: S'thololo | 2005/07/26

1.I can't say the% i think it depends on a person.
2. yes the vagina does go back immidietly after giving birth.
3.like i said it depends onan indivisual,we are not the same
4.i don't know about the scar cause i don't have one,but i think if you use a tissue oil it will heal or disappear i dont know.
5.i think they don't want to go through the pains so they think is the best or maybe the child is too big or too small,sometimes is because of the health or some general problems as you've said.

Reply to S'thololo
Posted by: Moi | 2005/07/26

I had natural birth, and i can honeslty say that everything went back to normal after i had the baby! didnt have any problems whatsoever.

as for c sections, i really cant say. my sister still has her scar, but she has 3 c-sections. i know a lot of doctors say that a c section is best for mother and child, but honeslty, i dont believe that. if there are any complications, then yes, i most defintiley have a c-section, if that is what will save my baby. otherwise, everything is still good with this pregnancy, and it looks like i will be having natural again.

Reply to Moi