Question

Natural Birth

Hi Doctor

From your experience as a gynae, would you reccomend caesar over a natural/vaginal birth.
I am currently pregnant and spoke to my gynae last week about my birth options. He said that a caesar is safer than natural and less traumatic on both the mother and the baby.
I had always hoped to have natural birth or at least give it a try.
I am small built, 1.5m and a size 5 shoe. He did ask my shoe size and then he just said I must think about my options with an open mind and he will chat to me at my next appointment.
I am very scared of both births but more afraid of caesar than natural.
I want to go for a second opinion if he insists on a caesar but I don't want my doctor to think I am not trusting him. He is an excellent gynae and I have seen for years with only good things to say about him but I was disspaointed that he seems so pro caesar.
Please, I would just like your opinion on which birth you normally advise your patients to take.

I would advise patients to opt for natural birth unless there are any complications in the pregnncy.

1
Posted by: nicky | 2007/07/30

i think most doctors now days are pro caesers, i think it's a time thing really, get the baby out within working hours and not having to be worried about being called in the middle of the night to deliver. that's my opinion.

Reply to nicky