Our expert says:
There is lots you can do. But when you are treating the heart you need to see the experts. You can't just stop the beat blocker. It is dangerous. Please consult with an experienced homeopath as heart conditions are very well treated homeopathically. There could even be a link between the eczema and the beta blocker.
Dermatodoron Ointment from Weleda is excellent to apply to calm the eczema.
A red itchy inflamed condition of the skin
Do you suffer from?
• Dry patches on the skin
• Itchy eruptions on the skin
• Weeping, cracked fissures in the skin
• Rough, scaly skin
Areas of the skin which can be affected:
Flexures of joints
Body in general
Only the limbs
Only the hands
Dr A Vogel’s Eczema Formula drops contain a combination of different components which is particularly suited to reduce itching eruptions on the skin by enhancing elimination in the body. This remedy is safe to use in pregnancy, breastfeeding and in small children. Dr Vogel’s Eczema Formula drops are not suppressive to the condition and will not cause the body to develop asthma or hayfever by suppressing the skin condition.
Dr A Vogel’s Echinaforce drops is a useful supportive remedy to his Eczema Formula if the lymphatic system is compromised after the removal of the tonsils and appendix. These vital organs assist the body to remove toxins from the blood. In their absence toxic overload can be an added cause to the skin eruption.
Dr A Vogel’s Urticalcin Tabs are very necessary to restore correct acidity levels in the blood of the eczema sufferer.
Dr A Vogel’s Boldocynara liver drops and Nephrosolid kidney drops is often needed to re-establish proper elimination from these organs to reduce accumulated toxic wastes.
Did you know?
1. Eczema is not a disease. Eczema is the body’s way to ensure proper elimination of waste products via the largest organ, the skin. It can be said that the body uses the skin like a third kidney. Never suppress the elimination present on and through the skin. By suppressing this elimination, the toxins will accumulate internally in the blood stream and this can lead to the development of asthma and hayfever. Although eczema is an irritating condition, it is not life-threatening like asthma, for example.
2. Eczema in little children is often caused by the side effects of inoculations. The protein content of the injection which is delivered straight into the bloodstream can trigger the genetic predisposition to allergies in the child. Please see a homoeopath to avoid this type of reaction to avoid this type of reaction.
3. Eczema could result due to sensitivity to wheat, dairy, sugar, flavourings, colourants and preservatives in foods. When these foods are introduced at a very early age to a baby, the immature digestive tract can easily assimilate these proteins and chemicals into the bloodstream causing a reaction from the immune system which can cast a lifetime as allergies.
4. Stressful times in life when the adrenals are put to work, can be a trigger to restart or activate all allergic response which could result in eczema flaring up. Often childhood eczema is “outgrown” in the early teens only to reappear later in life when death, divorce or severe shock befalls the patient.
5. The routine use of adrenal stimulating foods and drinks such as coffee, alcohol, cola drinks, cigarette smoking, sugar and refined wheat products, can cause adrenal levels to rise causing a depleted immune system or an overactive immune system. This often leads to chronic cases of eczema.
Some advice from Dr Vogel
In treating eczema it is of primary importance to discover the cause of the disease. It is usually to be found in faulty metabolism or an allergy to certain foods or other irritants. Naturally, these factors will have to be taken into consideration. In many cases a complete change of diet may be necessary. Without question, the bowels and kidneys should be stimulated so as to enable them to function adequately. Then we must find out if it is a chronic or acute skin eruption. External irritation, such as that occasioned by certain occupations, can play a part in the development of such skin diseases, but frequently it may be a hereditary condition. For external treatment Molkosan (concentrated whey) has always given the best results. Molkosan is a biological lactic acid preparation which destroys harmful bacteria, stimulates the circulation and regenerates the skin by virtue of the minerals and enzymes it contains. Apply St Johns Tissue Oil in afterwards, or the Bioforce 7 Herb Cream, to soothe the irritated area.
In the morning swab the affected parts with undiluted Molkosan. It if is too strong and makes the sore places smart or burn excessively, dilute with a little boiled or distilled water. In the evening, dab the area once more with Molkosan, rub the affected parts with a little Bioforce Cream. For a change occasionally use St John’s Tissue oil on its own. Repeat these applications daily.
Any skin eruption requires internal as well as external treatment; therefore the following advice is also useful for skin disorders other than eczema, particularly psoriasis. It is important to improve the condition of the blood and the lymph. First of all take the kidney remedy Nephrosolid and Boldocynara as a liver remedy as well as Bio-Strath Elixir or Bio-Strath Tabs.
Even the most difficult case will yield to this treatment, providing the proper diet is maintained and very little salt and protein is ingested. When it comes to skin disorders, salt is a poison and the metabolic toxins resulting from an excess intake of animal protein aggravate these diseases in general and psoriasis in particular.
When a tendency to Eczema runs in the family
Cradle cap (Crusta lactea), commonly found in young infants, is often associated with a genetic predisposition to eczema and other skin disorders, passed on from one or other of the parents. Experience has shown that if cradle cap is not properly treated the child may become very susceptible to infections due to low resistance. For example, let us consider such a child suffering from whooping cough, which in turn is suppressed or wrongly treated. For this reason the bacterial toxins are not completely eliminated and it is likely that the child’s heart will be affected or he will develop asthma, two conditions that are very difficult to put right. Any kind of skin disorder, including cradle cap, must therefore receive proper treatment from the outset in order to effect a complete cure. This is the reason why I aim to direct attention in my books to combating skin diseases by means of an appropriate treatment of the liver.
Important rules for nutrition and reliable natural remedies
If we are careful in our choice of protein we can count on rapid success. Lacto-protein, as found in soft white cheese, cottage cheese, buttermilk and sour milk, is a good form of protein to take when skin disorders have to be treated. It is preferable to mix in finely grated horseradish, because fresh horseradish has antibiotic properties. People suffering from a skin disorder often cannot tolerate full-cream milk and should therefore abstain from it. On the other hand, they can take protein as contained in almond milk or soya milk. However, stay away from eggs, especially boiled eggs and egg dishes, which cause strong reactions in persons suffering from eczema and similar skin disorders. The same holds true for all kinds of cheese with the exception of curds, cottage cheese, quark and most soft white cheese made from skimmed milk, if they cause no upset.
The recommended diet consists basically of brown rice and foods rich in calcium. White cabbage salad and raw sauerkraut are among the vegetables that should be eaten regularly. Kohlrabi leaves (turnip cabbage) also have high calcium content and should always be eaten, not thrown away.
Urticalcin is a proven biological calcium complex, makes the assimilation of calcium from food much easier and helps to prevent deficiency. I believe that the only healthy way of supplying the body with sufficient amounts of calcium is by eating vegetables that are rich in calcium, for example, white cabbage and carrots.
When suffering from eczema it is important to keep off sweets of any kind. White sugar is harmful and may even create allergic reactions in some people. White flour, although not quite so drastic in its effect, should also be avoided. It is recommended for therapeutic reasons to confine one’s diet to wholegrain or wholemeal products and whole-foods.
A kidney remedy, such as Nephrosolid should be taken to stimulate the kidneys. Additionally it is recommended to drink more water than you are accustomed to.
We have learned from experience that one of the most effective natural remedy for eczema, including cradle cap, is Urticalcin. This biological calcium preparation helps to heal the lesions when used as a powder. Molkosan and Echinaforce have the same effect and should definitely be incorporated in the treatment, not only externally but also internally. Eczema is generally associated with defective sebaceous glands and it is necessary to supply the skin with sufficient oil. St. John’s Tissue Oil or Bioforce Cream, a lanolin cream, will accomplish this purpose very well.
Other noteworthy recommendations
When treating skin problems, as with most other diseases, it is important that emotional upsets and difficulties be dealt with promptly and in the right way, otherwise they tend to aggravate the condition. Knowing how to deal with your problem is a step in the right direction as it is clearly important to maintain mental balance in approaching any problem. One must be determined to elect for natural treatment rather than chemical therapy. By adhering strictly to a natural diet you can be sure you are on the right track. To complete the cure, it is absolutely necessary to carry out the treatment for six months to a year. The treatment need not be expensive since it is mainly a question of correcting one’s dietary habits. Adverse reactions and side effects are usually minor or do not crop up at all if the treatment is undertaken correctly.
In summary, I would like to stress that in cases of eczematous skin disorders the liver needs special attention and care. The same applies to the kidneys, which must be protected from exposure to damp and cold. Furthermore, take care that the skin does not come into contact with strong detergents, floor wax and other products containing turpentine. When the kidneys and liver are functioning properly the strain is taken away from the skin and the unpleasant, often unbearable, itching will subside. At the same time the lesions will also disappear. For those who follow my suggestions conscientiously an eventual cure is certain, but those who think that drugs and chemicals alone will suffice may go for years without finding any relief. The more stubborn the case, the more patience is needed to obtain satisfactory results.
Some useful advice
1. Eczema will not disappear overnight. Be patient. Have realistic expectations of the time it will take to cure the condition.
2. Many, in fact most, skin conditions react favourably to being covered. Wear long-sleeved shirts or blouses; cover the legs in trousers and socks. In small children it is best to put them to bed bandaged or covered to prevent excessive scratching at night.
3. Follow a healthy diet. Dr Vogel has good advice on this topic. Please carefully read the attached diet sheet as well.
4. Try your best to avoid short cut cures which usually means the application or ingestion of steroids. These drugs have a miraculous effect on the eruption, however, the eczema will return again and again in a steadily worsening degree due to the suppression of the drug.
5. Some types of eczema feel better when submerged in a warm bath, whilst others are worse for bathing. Find out what relieves your particular type of eczema and what aggravates it. In this way you will be able to control the condition in a manner of speaking.
6. Thursday Plantation Tea Tree skin care products have been very useful in many instances where skin irritations, eczema and fungal infections of the skin needed a healing topical application. Try these products on a small part of the skin to test your tolerance to it.
7. All skin conditions respond to a properly hydrated system. Drink enough water daily to flush the impurities from the blood and to hydrate each and every cell.
8. Supplementation of amino acids, B vitamins and elemental fatty acids all act favourably to improve the skin’s condition.
Bio-Strath Herbal Yeast Elixir liquid is a clinically proven beneficial supplement for all ailments. Take this tonic daily to restore the body to optimum levels of all essential nutrients
Eczema should not be treated as a disease. It is a reaction from the inside to the outside of the body. Usually the immune system is at fault due to the presence of allergens in the blood. These allergens can be traced back to inoculations, drugs, foods or environmental factors. Eczema can be cured. A good diet is essential. Dr A Vogel’s remedies help tremendously to bring internal order, thereby eliminating external elimination on the skin.
Eczema Formula Application No. U614 (Act/Wet 101/1965) contains Viola tricolor D2, Lappa major D2, Bellis perennis D3, Rhus toxicodendron D30, Berberis aquifolium D1, Vinca minor D3, Solidago virgaurea D1, in equal parts. Alcohol content: 56%
Echinaforce Liquid. Application No. U613 (Act 101/1965), contains per 1.0g fresh Echinacea purpurea herb mother tincture 950 mg and fresh Echinacea purpurea root mother tincture 50 mg. Alchohol content 65% v/v.
Echinaforce Tablets. Each tablet contains 400 mg of concentrated Echinacea purpurea extract (herba 95% and radix 5%).
Echinaforce Junior Tablets. Each tablet contains 250 mg of concentrated Echinacea purpurea extract (herba 95% and radix 5%) equivalent to the active ingredients of 107 mg of fresh Echinacea purpurea plant.
Urticalcin Tablets. Application No. U959 (Act 101/1965). Each tablet contains Calcium carb. Hahnem. D4 0.50 mg, Calcium Phos D6 0.50 mg, Natrium phos D6 0.50 mg, Silicea D6 2.50 mg and Urtica D1 10.00 mg in a tablet base composed of lactose, potato starch and magnesium stearate.
Nephrosolid Liquid. Application No. U927 (Act 101/1965). Each 1 ml contains Solidago Virgauren Ø 635 mg, Betula Pendula Ø 166 mg, Ononis Spinosa Ø 64 mg, Equisetum arvense Ø 55 mg, Alcohol content 62% v/v.
Boldocynara. Application No. U876 (Act 101/1965). Each 1 ml contains Cynara scolymus 421 mg, Silybum marianum 293 mg, Taraxacum off. 110 mg, Peumus boldus 64 mg and Mentha piperita 27 mg. Alcohol content 60% v/v.
All products are available from Pharmacies and Health Stores
For more information please contact:
SA Natural Products (Pty) Ltd
P.O. Box 2
Botha’s Hill, KZN, 3660
Customer Care lines:
Tel: 031 7838000
Fax : 031 7838080
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.