Question
Posted by: quentin | 2005/01/07

nasea with pregnancy is it normal

my girlfriend is 2 months pregnant but cant keep any food in is that bad for the baby and what can se try to eat or drink to help her keep it in she does have fomitien or exem tabletts that she takes but its not working.

Quentin, nausea in the morning during the first three months of pregnancy is a fairly common problem. If she vomits the whole day or if she doesn’t pick up weight during the pregnancy it will be bad for her and the baby. If this is the case she will have to see her doctor ASAP. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Veriquick | 2005/01/07

Quentin, It is VERY normal to experience nausea with a precnancy! With my 2nd baby I was sick for the whole 9 months! It can become a problem to both baby & mother, since they both need the nutrition. I STRONGLY urge you to make an appointment for your girlfriend at a gineacologist a.s.a.p.
On a lighter side, 90% of the time, the nausea passes by the 2nd trimester (from about 4 months). Sometimes having a Provita or two first thing in the morning helps to settle the stomach!
Good Luck !!!

Reply to Veriquick