Question
Posted by: Jgirl | 2003/02/27

Narrowing of the urethra

Dear Cyberdoc

I am 26 year old female. I have been married for almost 2 years. I have had two bladder infections in my life and lead a fairly healthy lifestyle. I have had a difficulty urinating. There is no burning sensation. My doctor has done all the necessary blood and urine tests and there are no infections. The urologist has told me that my urethra is narrowing and he needs to do a scope to determine why. What could the possible reasons for this narrowing be?

Jgirl, it might be that there is something pressing from the outside or that there is something growing on the inside. Of course it might also be due to an infection or even a small stone. The best would be to have the scope and find out for sure. Good luck.