Question
Posted by: Rob | 2007/03/21

Narcolepsy

I have Narcolepsy and Cataplexy and my disability wont pay out they say i am not totaly disabled and that medication should help control my sleeping but I am a mechanic and fear that if I get hurt at work they wont pay out cause they will just say its because I have narcolepsy. How do I prove to them there is no cure. yea sure I am on Ritilin and yes it does help a bit but I can still narc out at anytime and risk injury to myself and others.

Dear Rob
the best way to prove this is to get two reports from 2 independent neurologists to motivate disability pension. Remember that they won't pay you disability if you can't be a mechanic but you can maybe do something else like sell spares in a shop.