Question
Posted by: Sue | 2003/02/07

Narcolepsy

Good day,
A couple of months ago I've posted a question with regards to a concentration problem that I have. It made it difficult for me to be sociable, interfered with my work and I always felt like sleeping when there wasn't a lot of pressure. I felt then that it was just a bad character trait. My doctor referred me to a neurologist and he diagnosed me with narcolepsy. I've been using Ritalin now for a while and my life has changed completely. I can now sit through a three hour meeting without wanting to fall asleep and not being able to remember parts of the meeting, I can enjoy peoples conversation without wishing that they would disappear because I can't remember what they said or falling asleep. Thank you to all the good doctors out there.

Sue, I can’t remember that I had anything to do with it, but I’m glad you’re feeling better. Good luck.