Question
Posted by: S | 2007/05/18

narcissists...

do they or can they ever change? i suspect my husband is one, and living with him is an absolute nightmare. it's like he has turned into a monster...i have researched the term and he displays many of the common traits. is this a chemical thing in their brains or is it a personality disorder. i need your viewpoint please.

They can change only with great difficulty, with a highly skilled theapist, and if they seriously wish to change and nsincerely work with the therapist. It is a personality disorder. And while living with one may be unpleasant at times, generally the narcissist himself or herself doesn't find it unpleasant enough to want to change

1

Hi S, i have spend my day reading about this topic. It is a disorder.

I will refer you to a website that deals with it very detailed....
very interesting to read what they are about.
More importantly, what kind of partners they are likely to attract.
I suspect my husband also have the same disorder......very difficult to treat because they are never wrong?

wwwDOTdrireneDOTcom