Question
Posted by: NES | 2005/01/11

NAPPY RASH

MY DAUGHTER HAS A VERY BAD NAPPY RASH, WHAT IS THE BEST TO HELP AND PREVENT THIS?

Nes, it all depends on how bad the rash is, but you can try mixing an antifungal cream like Normospor® with an antibacterial cream like Bactroban® for secondary infections. If that doesn’t work, the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.

3
Posted by: Mickey | 2005/01/12

This may sound weird, but was recommended to me by my mom's friend and it really works: Maizena!

Don't use ANY ointments or baby powder. When changing baby's nappy, wash the affected area properly with baby soap and lukewarm water. If it's not too chilly, leave baby without a nappy for as long as possible. Before putting on a new nappy, sprinkle his bum (especially the affected area) with Maizena instead of powder. (For easier application, use an old baby powder container).

As strange as this may sound, I had really great results. After weeks of using all and every ointment on the shelves without any effect, the rash disappeared within a week. I have now permanently substituted the baby powder with Maizena and my baby hasn't had rash for weeks.

Good luck!

Reply to Mickey
Posted by: ;) | 2005/01/11

Antipeol also works like a bomb. Is much more expensive though, since its inported from the UK. This helps when the nappi-rash is so bad that a layer of skin has come off, and the sore is wet all the time. Works on other wounds too. Got bitten by a violin spider, didn't know what to do - used the same stuff on that - wound healed without a scar - and it was the size of a cup coaster. The doctor gave some ointment that didn't work, then he wanted to cut an even bigger hole. euw.

Reply to ;)
Posted by: ann | 2005/01/11

hi
try lucoderm cream-it works like a bomb!
if she has a bad rash just pat it on nice and thick,it usaully takes 2 days to show a huge improvement .my daughter is now 18 months and she has only had a rash once and since then i swear by lucoderm.you can get it at most pharmacies as well as clicks ,pick n pay or try ackermans baby-they have this huge pot of it for +- R32.00 it lasts forever!
i hope this has helped
good luck

Reply to ann