Posted by: Lavlo | 2006/11/14

names of hospitals

I wiould like to know the cost of surgery and hormone therapy - from woman to man. The other factor is where can it be done. Because I live in Bloemfontein and I've done my research, but would like to have more information about the clinics , hospitals etc. that offer this kind of treatment.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageTransgender advisor

Currently, to my knowledge, only one Government hospital in South Africa is operating their SRS clinic - in Pretoria, the Pretoria Academic Hospital. Just realise, due to the "closure" of all other Government related/ subsidised clinics, they are very restricted in the amounts of patients they can take in.
Alternatively, you would have to consider private.

It is unfortunately not in my position to "list" or advertise doctors, psychologists or other professionals here on this forum. What you alternatively can do is visit either and join the community or join the TGSAfrica yahoo group. You will find them at:

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.