Question
Posted by: Will | 2009/11/26

Naltrexone

Does a person need a prescription for Naltrexone? Is it even available in South Africa, and if so, where can one get it? Have there been any clinical trials in SA that can confirm its efficacy?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Will

Naltrexone is not available in SA, but Naloxone, another opioid receptor antagonist is.
While both naltrexone and naloxone are full antagonists and will treat an opioid overdose, naltrexone is longer-acting than naloxone, making naloxone a better emergency antidote.

21
Posted by: A mother | 2016/08/06

Can my child who is a diabetic get a Naltrexone inplant for misusing alcohol?

Reply to A mother
Posted by: Rob | 2016/08/01

I looked at the Low Dosage Naltrexone dot org site . the warn not to go for the slow release variety . i wonder if these implants are slow release? Worth reading up . i suppose it depends on what you are using it for.

Reply to Rob
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/02/11

hi guys I'm pleased to say that Wonderboom Dischem sells Naltima (Naltrexone). Just get a doctor who is willing to prescribe, also let the rest of us know about the doctor. I got a friend that helped.

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/07/07

Hi refer me to that doctor who can give me a prescription.

Posted by: Gene irvine | 2016/02/01

This is for the guys in rustenburg the closest and only doc in Johannesburg that does neltrexone implants is Dr kirsten his in pta. Hope u come rite

Reply to Gene irvine | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Kleina | 2016/05/06

rhematoid

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/08/27

Is Nalovone used for addiction to CAT aswell?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/02/19

Hallo! Want to know if low dose naltrexone is available in South Africa? If not when will it be. seems that I really need it for my Hashimotos.

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/08/03

Hi there, Dr. Johan van Wyk, Beyers Naude Ave. Northcliff, Johannesburg, prescribes LDN. Good luck.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/10/21

Naltrexone is now available in South Africa under the name Natima. it is the only registered way to treat your addictions. if a product is registered through the MCC it means it has been approved and meets all criteria for it to be used in the south african market. most pharmacies can order it if they dont have it in stock. you can also get it from Dischem, clicks etc. please note that you can only get this product with a script as it is a scheduled item

Posted by: maryke | 2014/07/25

I am looking for a low dose naltrexone (4.5mg) as this is indicated to treat auto immune diseases. (I have scleroderma). Naloxone is similar to suboxone, is this the same as naltrexone?

Reply to maryke | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/08/03

Hi Maryke, Have you found LDN in SA yet? If not, contact Dr. Johan van Wyk in Northcliff Johannesburg (Beyers Naude Drive). He will prescribe it for you. The compounding pharmacy that supplies it is Dynaceuticals

Posted by: Dr Marc De Villiers | 2015/05/28

Hi-I am a Dr that is affiliated to a compounding pharmacy that supplies us with Low Dose Naltrexone.This is ordered with a script for a specific patient as it is a scheduled medication. LND has many amazing indications from cancer to HIV to autoimmune diseases.Check out LDN.org a non profit site by medical professionals. Website oakmed.co.za email marcdevilliers@rocketmail.com.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/04/05

Arca Durban Will Work!!! They are great!!

Posted by: Wilna | 2013/06/10

Where can I get naloxone, I am staying in Rustenburg and my son have been in various rehabs without any succes. He had a naltroxine inplant 2 weeks ago but they had to remove it as it was infected. I am desperate.

Reply to Wilna | 4 comments (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/04/12

Hi Wilbarston a Dr is PTA North Dr Kristen does the implants and give you a script for 3 months my daughter had it does and she is a changed child

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/04/12

Posted by: concerend | 2014/06/03

hi Wna im also staying in rustenburg did you get the Naloxone in Rustenburg

Posted by: Johann | 2014/02/04

Hi Wilna, saw your post on health 24 on Naltrexone implants, may I ask where did you have the implant done?

Posted by: pharmacist | 2009/11/27

Hi Will

Reply to pharmacist | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Patrick | 2014/07/11

Contact Dr. Johan Van Wyk in Northcliff JOhannesburg. He is very familiar with LDN.