Question
Posted by: Caren | 2004/10/01

nails peeling

Dear Doc
For a long time now I've had the problem of my nails peeling, very soft and brittle. For the last month I have taken Cal-Mag, as well as Tissue salts - no 7 - to try and improve this condition, but with no luck - I even think it is worse! I had some blood tests done to determine whether there is a lack of anything, but it came back negative. What could the cause of this be - any suggestions on how to heal this?
thank you
Kind regards
Caren

Caren, it is difficult to make a diagnosis without being able to see it, but it might be due to repeated wetting and drying and due to exposure to chemicals (like in the case of dish washing. The best would be to wear gloves when washing the dishes or working with chemicals. If that doesn’t make a difference within two months, the bes would be to see a dermatologist. Good luck.