Question
Posted by: Judy | 2003/02/16

Nails

I have a problem with the skin around my nails always dry, best I have been given is vit e oil or something similar to apply, and yes this is fine, but without this back to normal, I need something that will cure this, without having to permanently apply oil. I take vitamins and eat properly.

Please help.

Judy, it’s probably a form of contact dermatitis caused by something like exposure to water, soap, chemicals, etc. You can try to avoid dishwater (gloves), chemicals etc, but usually it’s easier to apply a cream (I use Vaseline Intensive Care™ hand & nail formula) than to avoid everything that might cause the problem. I suppose the best would be to see a dermatologist, but I’m not sure that he will be able to help. Good luck.