Question
Posted by: Curiosity | 2006/07/25

Nail Problems

I have recently been recovering from Bulimia, the problem is due to my lack in vitamins and minerals both my big toe nails have got bad bruising under them, i was wondering if i would be allowed to have a pedicure or perhaps use nail varnish. If the nails come off how long do they take to grow back. I am currently taking Vitamins for hair and nails as well as centruim. is there anything else that would be benfit the growth?

Expert ImageArchive

Please go show your nails to a podiatrist before you do anything.
There is not much that I know of that is scientifically proven to improve nail and hair growth (lots of stuff on the market), The MOST important thing now is that your nutrition is good and in time your nails will recover. A Nail grows at 1-1.5mm per month, the damaged nail that is now visible will have to be replaced by new nail that grows at a slow pace. But Please maintain your nutrition or it will be one step forward and two back.

Good luck and please feel better

Get referred to a podiatrist by calling the SA POD ASSN 0861 100 249