Question
Posted by: v | 2004/02/27

Nail infection

Hi. i have had a nail infection on my right middle finger for about a year now. There is no longer a white part to the nail-rather, half of it is now creamcoloured! Could it be a fungal infection? I have been quite stressed this past year-but i do exerise, eat healthily and neither drink alcohol nor do i smoke. I also have noticed that one of my toenails has the same problem.
I would appreciate any advice u could give me!

V, it definitely sounds like it might be a fungal infection especially since it has been going on for a year and only affects one finger. The best would be to have nail clippings sent away to a laboratory and prove the diagnosis. You can then take an anti-fungal treatment like Sporanox® for 2-3 months and get rid of it. Good luck.